Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sugar... it 'aint as sweet as you think!

I've been getting lots of emails from my readers asking me how serious I am about cutting sugar out from their diets.

"Can't I cut down rather than give it up entirely?"

"I LOVE my sugar! Can't I just have it in my first tea or coffee of the day?"

When first asked from a position of 'all things in moderation' it sounds absolutely fine that cutting down rather than cutting out should be ok.

So why am I such an anti-sugar activist during the elimination diet?

Well, for a start, sugar is responsible for increased fat storage, the very opposite of what you're trying to achieve on the elimination diet.

It does this by overstimulating insulin which commands triglycerides (fat) to move in and take up residence in your fat cells.

This is the last thing you want.

Essentially, it takes you from a fat-burning mode into a fat-storing mode.

Not really what you want is it?

But it doesn't stop there!

In her amazing report, Dr Nancy Appleton revealed that sugar is far
more harmful than most of us would ever realise:

- It increases LDL
(the BAD cholesterol)
- It decreses HDL
(the GOOD Choloesterol)
- It suppresses immune system function
- It can cause hypoglycemia
- It can cause insulin sensitivity
- It can cause food allergies
- It cn rob your body of vital minerals
- It has been linked to numerous
cancers
And much more besides!

Look, I'm not much into scaremongering or fright tactics to get people to comply. I'd much rather they were educated into making the right choices for their health, but seriously, sugar is bad news.

That's why I cut it from the elimination diet.

You see, once you've cut it and then try to put it back (if you even want to) you tend to see the power it has.

Until then, well, you're still an addict that says 'it's not that bad' or 'if it were that bad then people would do something about it'

Like they do about cigarettes?

Like they do about alcohol?

Pollution?

Look, we know lots of bad things are out there and we, as grown ups
make our own decisions about what they mean to us.

But I just want to be honest with you so that you are making choices from a position of strength rather than that of an addict.
So if you want the very best results from the next 30 days then you
simply must drop sugar from your diet.

That means:

STOP ingesting glucose, sucrose, fructose, maltose, dextrose and
all the other 'ose'

STOP drinking alcohol (serious sugar!!!!!!!!!!)

STOP refined carbs like pasta, bread, cookies etc

STOP hidden 'ose's' like breakfast cereals, ready roast chickens, sandwich meats etc

REDUCE complex carbs like rice, potatoes

INCREASE fibrous carbs like asparagus, artichokesm brooccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, celery, cabbage, onions, leeks,etc
For the remainder of your elimination diet, please, please, please keep sugar at arms length.

It WILL be hard, I'm not denying that but it WILL be worth it.

To put it as plain and simply as I can, I just can't guarantee your results if you don't.

It's THAT important!

Go for it!

Dax
www.lookgreatnakedchallenge.com
www.daxmoy-pts.co.uk

No comments: