Well, day one's almost over for me!
I flew back in from the U.S last night and pretty much crashed out right away and then was up for work at 6am.
After a cup of peppermint tea, a little oatmeal and an egg (boiled) it was off to work at my Islington personal training studios.
The jet lag kicked in a bit this morning and yes, there was a temptation to excuse myself for 'just 1' cup of coffee but after all of 3 seconds, I let it go and got myself a cup of morrocan mint herbal instead.
I didn't really eat too much today as I wasn't hungry. Must be the mixed up body clock from flying, but this evening I had steamed rice and stirfried curried vegetables. Filling and lovely... and completely on elimination diet rules.
No sign of detox headache yet, but I'm sure it's coming as I certainly 'toxed' this weekend at the conference with lots of alcohol (yes, shame on me!) and bread and other bad stuff.
But I'm in the game now, just like you all are.
I'm going to go get some training in now to speed up the detox factor and, of course, keep fit, but before I do, let me give you a few pointers on how to speed up the process and minimise the detox nasties that are on their way to you right now : )
1. Stick to the rules 100%, no compromise - Even little slip ups prevent your body from clearing through. Don't do it. It's just 30 days!
2. Drink at least 1 litre of water for every 50lbs of bodyweight - Yes, it sounds a lot but that's just because you're not used to it. Start drinking more and even adding a tiny pinch of salt to it and you'll speed up the detox and drop pounds fast.
3. Try to have a hot bath every day for 3 days - The skin is the largest detox organ in th body and sweat is the way many toxins escape. Get in the bath, get hot and... sweat. You'll be surprised at how great you feel after this!
4. Exercise - Yep, sweating comes with exercise too, but more important than that is that you speed up ALL metabolic processes... and build some fitness and muscle!
5. Take lemon water - Boiled water and lemon juice (just cut 1/2 a lemon and squeeze it in) and you've got the benefit of additional aid to your liver. Not bad!
Do those 5 things and your detox blues will be shortened quite dramatically!
Now, before I sign off, let me ask you, all of you who're serious that is, to drop me line here on the blog (comments section below) and tell me about your day, what you've done, what you're eating and how you feel.
It may not seem important but I guarantee, the accountability and support will really help you in the days ahead.
P.S - If you want help with recipe ideas, you can get a ton of 'em here http://www.daxmoy-pts.co.uk/eliminationcookbook.asp